Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Struggling with discouragement

Before I leave for Italy, I have the task of raising my support for the year. As of right now I am at about 60% and I am scared and discouraged at how 40% and right at $20,000 is going to come in before my September 16th deadline. Yes 7 days away. I truly do feel called to serve the Lord and to help reach people for Christ, but I have to admit my faith is a little shaken. I was praying to the Lord today asking Him what I should do, that I didn't feel motivated to keep picking up the phone and that I felt discouraged by all the messages I was leaving when people didn't answer the phone. I was reminded of the $400.00 that came in yesterday and the three gifts that came in on Sunday.


Every time I question or wonder if God is planning on providing the support, more money and support comes in. God really is good. I should not doubt. He also shows in his word that we can't escape his will. He has supremacy in everything. Colossians1: 18 I know that I should hold fast to this but lately that has been extremely hard. The deadline keeps ticking closer and I wonder when God is going to move this mountain. I don't doubt that HE CAN or that HE WILL. Funny right?!? Funny that I can trust that he WILL move the mountain but also not trust in his timing. I was then driving home, a way that I don't travel often, and I ran across a church bulletin..."Have plenty of time, time is on my side. Nothing but Eternity. - God" Fitting right?


I know God bought me this far, after all in the beginning I thought I wasn't even qualified to go, and now I am certain that it is because of God I am here. I also know that he won't leave me. I just need patience and encouragement.


"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. “Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment